Running a business is a working progress. As your business grows and things shift and change, so should your plans and strategies for growth and improvement. To know where you’re heading, you have to know where you are at this point.
Before you start looking ahead, you should review the past performance, or the current situation. Every so often it’s a good idea to pause and see how your business is doing and what improvements can be made along the way.
Looking at your business in this way can determine what worked well, what could have been better and where there can be positive changes made for the future. Take out 10 minutes of you time to ask yourself these 10 questions that will kick-start your business growth.
10 questions that will kick-start your business growth:
- How productive has your year been so far out of 10?
- What 3 things can you do to improve the next quarter (next 3 months)?
- Name 3 things you did in your business that was successful?
- In what whys have you been marketing your business?
- Have you been attracting your ideal customer/ client?
- Does most of your business come through referrals or new business?
- Do you promote on and offline?
- Do you have a marketing strategy?
- When was the last time you updated your marketing material?
- Does your marketing material clearly tell people who you are and what you do?
Taking 10 minutes to answer these questions will give you a birds-eye view of how your business is doing. This will help you plan how to move forward in the next 3 months. Periodically reviewing your business is a good practice that can keep your business current and insure growth.
If you need help going through these questions, book a free design consultation and I’ll be happy to go through them with you.